Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love Letters to Allen Coulter

Happy Valentines Day! It's Allen Coulter Appreciation Day over here at the Unofficial Remember Me fan site, and the fans over at the Remember Me IMDb wanted to make sure that our favorite director felt the love today:



Dear Allen,

I have always loved your work. I first became aware of you as a director thru your work in television, most notably with your work on "Millennium". I admit to being a bit of a TV junkie and have always paid attention to those behind the scenes there also. I then saw you helming so many of my favourites over the years, "Sex in the City", "Six Feet Under" and of course, "The Sopranos". When I first heard about "Hollywoodland" and that you were the director, I was very happy to see you doing film. It is one of my favourites to this day! Now you have again been involved in 2 of my must see shows "Damages" and "Nurse Jackie" and your talent and vision is so appreciated! I heard about "Remember Me" as a lot of us did, because of Robert Pattinson. I was thrilled that you were to direct and from what I have seen in the trailer and stills that have come out, you will once again "WOW" me! Thank you for your continued love of film/television and letting us have the opportunity to see your vision!

Thank you again for everything you have contributed as it really makes me smile.

Roxxanne



Dear Allen,

I'll try and keep this short 'n sweet. Loved HOLLYWOODLAND. Now very much looking forward to seeing REMEMBER ME! I'm thrilled that my friend Greg Jbara is in your film along with my long time crush, Pierce Brosnan. The rest of the cast isn't too shabby either. :) x's & o's

Barb
webmaster, www.GregoryJbara.com



Dear Allen,

I feel like I should go back and rewatch "Hollywoodland" again, now that we've been "introduced", because when I first saw it a few years back, I don't remember thinking to myself, "WOW! This must have had an awesome director!" I just enjoyed the ride. Thoroughly. Same for SATC, The Sopranos, and Six Feet Under. I can't honestly say that I know from looking at them, which episodes you directed. But I do know they were well put-together. They came across as cohesive, and well-acted, and entertaining. Surely that is why you do what you do.

When a person can be drawn into a movie or TV show, so much so, that they aren't even aware of how enmeshed they've become, that is a sign of really good vision and direction. And believe me when I say, we're already having a sincere love affair with "Remember Me", so having your hand in bringing it to life onscreen is a wonderful honor. I hear a lot about how attentive you are to detail. We appreciate that. We saw how protective you were of your time and your cast during filming. We appreciate that too, as we also are quite protective of this film.

Now that you are making an effort to connect with us through Twitter, let me take a moment to tell you--the fans are pretty harmless. Don't be afraid to respond once in a while--surely you are getting lots of comments and questions. I hope you are feeling the love.

This film has a message, and we get it. We know that you do too. Thank you for being the one to translate Will's story for us. We can't wait to share in the journey!

Deanna



Dear Allen,

Have become a fan of your work from your involvement in REMEMBER ME. Please continue to Tweet? (Twitter) us about RM, very interested in your perspective on the story and filming. Love Will's script and have faith that you have turned it into a beautiful film. Hope you do commentary on the DVD, your Hollywoodland commentary was very interesting, and I was impressed by your attention to detail. Was the butterfly thing your idea?

Pat, AZ

PS: Great job casting RM. Rob, Lena, Ruby and Pierce so look like they could be related to each other.




Dear Allen,

Somehow I feel that it is more appropriate to write an appreciation letter after I see the movie... But I still want to thank you for your hard work when directing this movie (especially considering the difficult situation when shooting locations). I love the TV series you have done (SATC, Rome, Sopranos). So far what we have seen and heard about Remember Me has been great, I have high hope for this movie!! Please share with us your memorable experience when directing it. Thank you!

yan_c1212



Dear Allen,

Thank you so much for making one of my wildest dreams come true...having Pierce, Chris and Rob in the same movie. Wish you all the best in he future.

V



Dear Mr. Coulter,

Thank you in advance for putting together the stellar cast of Remember Me, I know from what I have seen that the movie will be great. You have made a dream of mine come true - showcasing Rob Pattinson in a movie where he can shine and move away from being typecast forever as the "teenage vampire" (not that I don't love him as Edward). I look forward to the movie release and seeing what is next for you.

Shirlee



Dear Mr. Coulter:

Thank you very much for directing this movie. I hope you include different Special Features in the DVD for the Spain release. The juicy ones as the director did with the DVD of Crepusculo.

Luna



Allen,

First of all, thank you for taking on this project. I wish you, the cast and crew the best. You have an amazing cast! I can't wait to see Remember Me in the theatre. So far, everything looks wonderful. How exciting!!!

Thank you,

Jennifer B.
webmaster, robpattinson.com



Have something to say to Allen Coulter or any of the cast/crew who worked on this movie? Show your love in the comments below!

2 comments:

kat said...

Shirlee,
I hope it is OK, but I moved your letter to the body of this blog. It was so good, I wanted to share it with everyone!

Kelly said...

Alan,

Thank you for giving me yet another reason to admire the young Mr. Pattinson. I would kiss you, but that might just be a little weird for you :)

Thanks in advance for your beautiful movie!

Post a Comment