Thursday, June 17, 2010

Our Remember Me Reviews


So I can’t remember the last time I wrote a movie review so I don’t think I’m going to attempt it now but I saw Remember Me on Friday and even though it’s Monday, it’s stayed with me so I just feel that I have to put some thoughts down and I don’t really know where to put them. I do promise that I will not post anything spoilerish, even though I’m glad I saw a hint in a review over @ twilightlexicon.com so if you want some hints, then read the review over there.

Anyway, I will readily confess that the 1st reason I wanted to go see Remember Me was because of Rob. I am not a fangirl or twihard but I do respect Robert Pattinson because of his acting ability. I’ve seen Little Ashes and How to Be and I was excited to see what he would bring to this performance. I also adore Pierce Brosnan.

It saddens me though when I hear people say that they’re not going to see Remember Me because it has that vampire in it, or that girl from Lost. They say they can’t act and Pattinson just gets viewers for being sexy and cute.

After seeing Remember Me if anybody doesn’t go see this film because of who is in it, they are going to miss a brilliant film and they are just using those excuses because I don’t think they are mature enough or intelligent enough to say , wow that Robert Pattinson can really act. Perhaps they fear that they’ll be ridiculed for it but if the film has taught me anything that I can talk about, it’s that you have to be yourself and be bold.

The movie is being promoted as a love story between Tyler and Ally but it shouldn’t be, it’s so much more. It’s about love and protecting those you love even though it sometimes doesn’t turn out right. The love story between Tyler and his little sister Caroline (who completely steals the show) is so critical to the film because it exposes so many different layers to the characters.

Now you may have read criticisms about the ending of the movie so here’s my response to that. First of all what reviewers are calling the ending, is not the end of the film. If it had been, I might have felt differently about it but I still probably wouldn’t. The near ending of the film is necessary so that the real ending is so much more poignant.

I don’t really want to say anything else for fear of letting something slip out as a spoiler so I’ll just finish by saying everything about this film is authentic and true and gets 5 out of 5 stars by me.

~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment